7/10/2014

REVIEW : Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #2) by Rick Riordan

Synopsis

Percy Jackson's seventh-grade year has been surprisingly quiet. Not a single monster has set a foot on his New York prep-school campus. But when an innocent game of dodgeball among Percy an his classmates turns into a death match against an ugly gang of cannibal giants, things get ... well, ugly. And the unexpected arrival of his friend Annabeth brings more bad news: the magical borders that protect Camp Half-Blood have been poisoned by a mysterious enemy, and unless a cure is found, the only safe haven for demigods will be destroyed.

In this fresh, funny, and wildly popular follow-up to The Lightning Thief, Percy and his friends must journey into the Sea of Monsters to save their camp. But first, Percy will discover a stunning new secret about his family - one that makes him question whether being claimed Poseidon's son is an honor or simply a cruel joke.


Review

I was really looking forward to what happens in this book after I've finished The Lightning Thief but I was a little bit kinda nervous because this book has only got 280 pages.
But I think it was a really good sequel to an amazing book.

You could see easily Percy's worried about his friends and that he would do everything for them, also beeing expelled out of camp.

The relationship between Percy and Tyson was a little bit strange at the beginning but through the book they got more and more a brothers, as they are.

I really hated Tantalus, he was such an superficial guy who wasn't interested in anything like camp stuff or the health of the demigods. Some times I got really angry at him when he threatend Percy.

I could also understand how Hermes felt about Luke and how Chiron felt when he was dismissed.

The only problem I have with this book is the cliff-hanger at the end! :D
But I already have the third book.

This book got from me



.



I'm in London the next couple of days and I won't take my computer with me.

So see y'all Tuesday with my London Book Haul :*

xo Anne



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting ♥
I will reply soon!

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...