9/23/2014

REVIEW : Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas

WARNING: If you haven't read this book yet, please don't read this review because of spoilers!


  Synopsis

Lost and broken, Celaena Sardothien’s only thought is to avenge the savage death of her dearest friend: as the King of Adarlan’s Assassin, she is bound to serve this tyrant, but he will pay for what he did. Any hope Celaena has of destroying the king lies in answers to be found in Wendlyn. Sacrificing his future, Chaol, the Captain of the King’s Guard, has sent Celaena there to protect her, but her darkest demons lay in that same place. If she can overcome them, she will be Adarlan’s biggest threat – and his own toughest enemy.

While Celaena learns of her true destiny, and the eyes of Erilea are on Wendlyn, a brutal and beastly force is preparing to take to the skies. Will Celaena find the strength not only to win her own battles, but to fight a war that could pit her loyalties to her own people against those she has grown to love?






  Review

I started this series in August and loved the first two books and since that I had high expectations for Heir of Fire.
And guess what :D all of them were fullfilled !
This book was awesome and you can really say that this series gets better and better with each book.
I liked that the book was written from many different POVs and I think you could see that better as in the other two books.

I loved Wendlyn. It was an awesome place to settle a fictional world into.
All the new characters you get to know through the Mistward are lovely and I already loved them after a few pages.
Okay. Rowan is an explanation for himself but he's gorgeous.
This ice cold outside-warm inside charcter of him you can just love and how his relation with Celeana or better Aelin develops is just so lovely as well because they have no love interest but only great friendship.
Maeve is shit but yeahh :D When she threatened Rowan I was just like : Do that again and if you'd ever stand in front of me I punsh you!
And what Aelin did then : Holy Gods! (but that's too muvh spoiler)

Okay. Not just the Mistward people were awesome, Aedion, Ren, Sorscha and all the others too.
And the development Aelin makes throughout the book is gorgeous!
She finally acepts her role as Queen of Terrasen and want to fight for it! (:
And her Fae powers have got a WOW effect at the end of the book.

At the beginning it really upset and confused me when there were those scenes from the POV of Manon Blackbeak, an Iron Teath Witch. But when there was more plot in it and the witches went to this mountain where the wyvern where, from that point I enjoyed reading about them.

I really dont want to write about the last 30 pages because of grand spoilers but it really breaks my heart that Aelin doesn't knows what going on in Rifthold.

And it rips my heart OUT that I have to wait a full year for the fourth book because the end was kind of a big cliffhanger ! -.-
I really don't understand why authors do that to us ...
 
★★★★★

If you have read it,  what yout opinion on it?

xo Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting ♥
I will reply soon!

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...