1/24/2015

REVIEW: The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan

Synopsis

Jason has a problem. He doesn’t remember anything before waking up in a bus full of kids on a field trip. Apparently he has a girlfriend named Piper and a best friend named Leo. They’re all students at a boarding school for “bad kids.” What did Jason do to end up here? And where is here, exactly?

Piper has a secret. Her father has been missing for three days, ever since she had that terrifying nightmare. Piper doesn’t understand her dream, or why her boyfriend suddenly doesn’t recognize her. When a freak storm hits, unleashing strange creatures and whisking her, Jason, and Leo away to someplace called Camp Half-Blood, she has a feeling she’s going to find out.

Leo has a way with tools. When he sees his cabin at Camp Half-Blood, filled with power tools and machine parts, he feels right at home. But there’s weird stuff, too—like the curse everyone keeps talking about. Weirdest of all, his bunkmates insist that each of them—including Leo—is related to a god.



Review

This was my first book of 2015 and it was a pretty good start in my reading year.

I loved the three new characters Jason, Piper and Leo and 'Oh my God!', Leo is just freaking amazing!
I liked the plot a lot even though I just missed Percy so much and I'm looking forward to finally read from him in the next books (:
And Jason's amnesia and how everything played together with his life and stuff? Rick Riordan did a great job with that! He wrapped mostly all things up.

I'm sorry I can't tell you more but I think it's best to go in this book not knowing too much about the plot and the characters..

I would recommend it to everyone who loves the Percy Jackson and the Olympians books (which you definitely should have read first) as well as to everyone who is interested in greek and roman mythology.

★★★

xo Anne

7 comments:

  1. I loved reading the lost hero, and I thought that it was a great follow up to the Percy Jackson series. Nothing can really beat Percy Jackson though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I love that there's a Roman and Greek side in the story. Hahah of course! Percy over Jason!

      Delete
    2. Oh yess! Percy's soo over Jason even though I really do love him anyway :D

      Delete
  2. I have read this series up until House of Hades. I hope to read Blood of Olympus soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started Son of Neptune but now I put it down for a while bcc auf TV shows. hehe >.<

      Delete
  3. I didn't love these books as much as the original Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, and was a little surprised by the fact Percy wasn't in this book at all but I still enjoyed it and I'm glad you did too :)

    Most recent post on Enchanted by YA: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.com/2015/01/review-fire-in-woods-fire-in-woods-1-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah. I did not either but they're pretty good anyways (:
      well I knew it because I'm a little bit spoiled on the first 4 books.. but I want to read them anyway because I avoided spoilers on the last (:
      and thx for your comment Anna ❤️

      Delete

Thank you for commenting ♥
I will reply soon!

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...